Hi everyone! It’s been a while ago since the last post. We’re in 2018 and in March already. I was thinking about what content should I write next, and I came up with the idea to show you the best quotes of one of our most excellent musicians of all time: John Lennon. He not only shared with the world his amazing music, but also, he was a poet, pacifist, and composer that fight for making this world a better place.
Lennon was born in Liverpool, England in the forties. By 1950 he formed his first band that ultimately became The Beatles. The music band was the most commercial and successful of all time, and we can still hear their music today. After The Beatles break up, John Lennon continued his writing and performing music next to his wife, Yoko Ono. Unfortunately, on December 1980, he was shot and killed by a former fan. His legacy will remain in time.
With the following quotes, you may meet new things about his thoughts and feel motivated to do something about your daily life. We’re all together in this, and we have to be our best version to live fully and in harmony with others. Enjoy!
- “There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.”
- “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
- “I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It’s just that the translations have gone wrong.”
- “If someone thinks that peace and love are just a cliche that must have been left behind in the 60s, that’s a problem. Peace and love are eternal.”
- “I’m not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I’ve always been a freak. So, I’ve been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I’m one of those people.”
- “War is over … If you want it.”
- “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.”
- “You don’t need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!”
- “Make your own dream. That’s Beatles story, isn’t it? That’s Yoko story, that’s what I’m saying now. Produce your own dream. If you want to save Peru, go to save Peru. It’s quite possible to do anything, but not to put it on the leaders and the parking meters. Don’t expect Jimmy Carter or Ronald Reagan or John Lennon or Yoko Ono or Bob Dylan or Jesus Christ to come and do it for you. You have to do it yourself.That’s what the great masters and mistresses have been saying ever since time began. They can point the way, leave signpoints and little instructions in various books that are now called holy and worshipped for the cover of the book and not for what it says, but the instructions are all there for all to see, have always been and always will be.There’s nothing new under the sun. All the roads lead to Rome. And people cannot provide it for you. I can’t wake you up. You can wake you up. I can’t cure you. You can cure you.”
- “We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
There are so many more amazing quotes that Lennon wrote, if you want the second part, let me know!