Hi, again everybody! Last time we reviewed some of the most iconic quotes of John Lennon and I mentioned that he has so many interesting phrases that we should do a part two, so, here you have it! Hope you enjoyed the first one and that you’re excited to read the next bunch. I believe he was one of those humans that will remain alive thanks to their work and message to the world.
With each quote, you can feel related to his thoughts and understand his life. Without much more to say, I’ll leave you with the following words that can make your day better:
- If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace.
- We’ve got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can’t just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it’s going to get on by itself. You’ve got to keep watering it. You’ve got to really look after it and nurture it.
- I believe in everything until it’s disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it’s in your mind. Who’s to say that dreams and nightmares aren’t as real as the here and now?
- Peace is not something you wish for; It’s something you make, something you do, something you are, and something you give away.
- When you do something beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun, every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps.
- We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.
- I’m not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I’ve always been a freak. So I’ve been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I’m one of those people.
- Trying to please everybody is impossible – if you did that, you’d end up in the middle with nobody liking you. You’ve just got to make the decision about what you think is your best and do it.
- Produce your own dream. If you want to save Peru, go save Peru. It’s quite possible to do anything, but not if you put it on the leaders and the parking meters. Don’t expect Carter or Reagan or John Lennon or Yoko Ono or Bob Dylan or Jesus Christ to come and do it for you. You have to do it yourself
- “There’s nothing new under the sun. All the roads lead to Rome. And people cannot provide it for you. I can’t wake you up. You can wake you up. I can’t cure you. You can cure you.”
- “Yeah, we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.”
Beautiful, right? What a great resume of some of its unforgettable words. Doesn’t make you wonder about your life, and what are you doing to make this world a better place?
Till next time